Thursday, February 27, 2014

Crown of Midnight, by Sarah J Maas

(5/5 stars)

1. Sarah J Maas has done it again and I'm obsessed! 2. I really need to not read these books before I go to bed or else I'll have really strange dreams. Basically, this book led to more first pumping and yelling things like "Wait, what?!" and "Hell yes!" and "No! My heart!". Reading this was like being on an emotional roller coaster. A really fun emotional roller coaster. 

What I liked: You all know how I feel about the world. I still really want to live there. I also wouldn't mind a map of it to spread out and mark up. So the world is still all kinds of awesome. And then there's the fact that I couldn't read this book without having all the lights on in my room and a blanket to protect me (just in case). This book is scary! Scarier than the first and so much more fantastical, but we find out some great things (sorry for the vagueness) that really move the story along. The love triangle that was once a love triangle is no more, which I liked. She picked a boy (and my heart smiled), but still kept the other in her life, and then all hell broke loose. To say things get complicated would be an understatement. But the complicated is brilliant and crazy and heartbreaking, but I love it so freaking much! Also, if you didn't hate the king in the first, you'll absolutely loath him in this one! And you'll probably scream "Evil!" loudly... or maybe that was just me?

What I didn't like: There wasn't much I didn't like, just like the last one. There was a death that made me upset, but it was a catalyst to the story so it was justified. The only problem I had was with the magic and creatures. I had a bit of a tough time following what was what, but eventually, it all clicked in my brain. 

I loved this book, LOVED it. Almost more than the first. And I know I'll be constantly thinking about it until the next book comes out (considering that ending and all that). Oh well, I guess I can *try* to be patient. But in the mean time, I'll just keep having weird dreams about magic, faeries, and assassins, and I'm totally okay with that!

-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment