Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

(5/5 stars)

So I have to just start this off by saying I read this book in two hours. Two freaking hours. Yes, that's how good it was. 

What I liked: God, all of Jennifer Smith's books make me want to drop life for a second and travel the world. Reading this book, I felt like I did get to travel. The details in the writing made me feel like I was in London, Prague, San Fransisco, New York, etc. Those cities flew off the page and felt so alive, it was amazing to read. This was such a fun read, and the romance was adorable. I loved Lucy and Owen, and I liked how their relationship progressed. Sure, there were times when it felt fast and maybe a bit too much, but there were moments that were also filled with doubt and realism. Also, I super respected the fact that they were determined to communicate with each other, even when they were in separate countries. The emails, the post cards, it was all so cute and made my little heart swoon. 

What I didn't like: There were no friend characters, which I always love, but then again, this book focused mainly on the romance. It was about Lucy and Owen defying the odds and trying to make their relationship work. So yeah, friends didn't play a bit part of it, but family did so I'll take it. There wasn't much I didn't like about this book, obviously. 

I just really loved reading this book, you guys. It was cute and happy and wonderful, and my heart sang all the love songs. Boy, can Jennifer Smith write a good romance book!

-Annie

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds super cute, and I LOVE travel-based books. Might have to pick this one up! Great review! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely recommend any of her books. Let me know what you think! Thanks! :)

      Delete