Thursday, May 7, 2015

Angelfall by Susan Ee

(5/5 stars)

"It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain. Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back..."

This book. Thisbookthisbookthisbook. I had read a lot of fallen angels books back when it was the super big thing to do, and was always disappointed by them. None of them were anything special. So when I started Angelfall, I was nervous. All for naught because it was that one special angel book. For real.

What I liked: Penryn is the queen of all queens. The world hasn't been kind to her, but she continues to push through without doubt. She takes care of her schizophrenic mother and disabled sister even after the apocalypse has begun. Penryn is loyal, relentless, funny, and a Badass with a capital "B". The fights scenes in this book were my absolute favorites. Penryn fights every chance she can get, there's no way you could ever call her passive. She's knowledgeable in martial arts and it shows, especially when she can take down a fully grown man. Get it, girl. I love the premise of this book. The concept of angels have always interested me in books, especially when it doesn't get preachy religious. This one puts us in a world where angels have taken over. They're the enemy, no question, but yet, they're fascinating. I especially love Raffe because duh. He's not fully bad boy, cocky, jerky, but he has a bit of those tendencies. He's still a good guy who's very protective over Penryn even if he pretends he's not. Their chemistry leaps off the page. You feel the feels. 

What I didn't like: I have no complaints. That is all. 

So now I need to download the next book right away. If anyone needs me, I'll be in a corner reading World After.

-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment