Thursday, May 21, 2015

RT Booklovers Convention


This past week was the Romantic Times Bookslovers Convention in Dallas, and even though I couldn't go for the whole week (hey, a girl's gotta work and stuff), I hung out at the conference for Friday and Saturday's events. I'd never been to a conference this big so to say it was a bit overwhelming would be an understatement. There were so.many.people. Authors, readers, bloggers, industry professionals, they were all there and it was so cool interacting with them all! Also, there was merch galore, and during the signings on Saturday, I spent wayyyyy too much money on books. But I'm not even sorry about it. Here's what I was up to during the conference (all the panels I went to were YA):

Friday:

  • Panel: After the happily ever after--sequels, prequels, spin-offs, and e-novellas
    • Richelle Mead, Alyson Noel, Kathy Reichs, Abbi Glines, and Kami Garcia
  • Panel: Happily ever after, with a dash of sex and a drop of angst
    • Kiera Cass, C.C. Hunter, Stephanie Perkins, Gena Showalter, Rachel Vincent
  • Mia and You- A Meg Cabot salute to her Princess Diaries readers
    • Yes, you guys, I actually met Meg Cabot and got to talk to her and this was literally the best moment of my life, no big deal. Don't worry, there'll be a whole post on this experience in the future...
  • Panel: Welcome to the dark side
    • Susan Ee, Kami Garcia, Melissa Marr, Kimberly Derting, Brendan Reichs
Saturday:

So the only thing I got to do on Saturday was the book fair/signings because I had other plans for the day, but I got to meet so many amazing authors and buy too many books. It was great! Here's who I saw:
  • Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Claudia Gray
  • Sara Raasch
  • Victoria Scott
  • Melissa Marr
  • Tessa Gratton
  • Kasie West
  • Meg Cabot
  • Page Morgan
I had an absolute blast and it was such a fun experience. If you love books as much as I do, this is a convention that I definitely recommend--even if you only go for a day!

-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment