Thursday, January 16, 2014

Upcoming Releases, 2014

This is going to be such a great year for books, I can feel it in my bones! Just thinking about all the awesome new releases is exciting! Basically, writing this post is like the best thing ever right now! 2014 will be full of awesome sequels, epic final chapters, and great stand-alones , and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here are a couple that I'm looking forward to this year:

-We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart- May 13, 2014
This book looks SO good, and considering how Contemporary Romance is a new thing in YA right now, I'm super excited to read this one!

-City of Heavenly Fire, by Cassandra Clare- May 27, 2014
WE FINALLY HAVE A COVER AND I LOVE IT!!! And I've heard that at least 6 characters who we know by name are not going to survive... get your theories out now, kids!

-The Retribution of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin - June 10, 2014
With the way things ended in the last book, I find it shocking that I'm still breathing and able to wait until June. This series has caused an unhealthy habit of mine: any time I pick one of them up, I literally cannot put it down (like I've cancelled plans with friends to stay home and read... though they didn't know the reason... until now...). This means that if anyone wants to hang out on June 10, I'm going to have to say "no" right now.

-Sister's Fate, by Jessica Spotswood- August 14, 2014
You all know how dangerously obsessed I am with this series. The last book also ended on a cliff hanger that needs to be solved, like, right now. I need this book like I need air. Enough said.

-The Infinite Sea, by Rick Yancey- September 16, 2014

So there's no cover for this one, but it doesn't stop my need for this book. The 5th Wave has a special place in my heart because it's the first book I ever reviewed here, and I cannot wait for the sequel!

-Unmade, by Sarah Rees Brennan- September 23, 2014

No cover for this one either but it's probably my number one most anticipated book of this year! This series has my favorite plots, my favorite characters, basically, my favorite everything!

-The Naturals 2, by Jennifer Lynn Barnes- expected November 2014

No cover or name yet, but this book is up high on my list of books I'm looking forward to! I absolutely loved The Naturals and the characters are great. I can't wait to see where their next case takes them!

-Throne of Glass 3, by Sarah J. Maas- Expected in 2014

WE GET A NAME TOMORROW AND I'M SO EXCITED!!! AND YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED TOO!


So, what books in 2014 are you looking forward to most? In the meantime, let's pretend to patiently wait but actually freak out with anticipation together. We can totally do that, right?

For next week, I'm reviewing Star Cursed, by Jessica Spotswood (review from Good Reads):
With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England.

-Annie

P.s. The Giveaway is officially over and a winner has been chosen! Thank you so much to all who entered. This has been lots of fun, I'll have to do another one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment